Build Questions

I am interested in building a White Knight but I have some questions.

1 – I have a Prusa MK3S. The build volume is 250 x 210 x 210. I looked at the STL’s and some of them are too large for my printer. The electronics tray is 515.2 long. Could it be made in 3 parts and assembled?

2 – Is there a tool list? Which soldering iron is recommended? What are the names of the cramping tools? Etc,.

3 – Is there an active group that is building White Knight printers?

Thanks for your help.

Jim

1 Like

Hi, I’ve taken care of the problem in question 1. I’ve just uploaded a 4 part Slide tray assembly to the Github… I’ve added the Step, F3D and STL versions of these files.

I’m sorry I don’t have a tool list and I’m unaware of any group building these, But feel free to e-mail me and I’ll do my best to answer questions…

NAK3DDesigns@gmail.com

Thank you for the files. That is a big help. I needed to know where to ask questions when I get stuck. The mechanical issues don’t really concern me. I am weak on the electron side of things. Making wire harnesses are not a problem. It is when I turn some on and it doesn’t work would be the problem.

As for the tool list, I plan to watch the assembly YouTube’s and take notes. Years ago I worked as an assembler and still have my tools. This will be a good to increase my collection.

As I said in my profile, I am interested in quality more than speed. If this takes me a year to finish the build, so be it. I still need to work out the money side of it, but I don’t think that will stop me.

Thanks for the help.