I'm going for it!

Alright, I’m gonna build a belt printer (the White Knight more specifically). I’ve just ordered the extrusion and some of the electrical bits. Of course I can’t get the belt ,but once I get started I’l enter Karl’s giveaway. My main purpose for this machine is going to be prototyping parts for my robotics team (and motorcycle parts). Before I start, I wanted to get your opinions on a direct drive setup. Is the added weight worth it?

1 Like

I’m actually working on a direct drive version for the Squire. I hope to have it completed in time for ERRF. I should be able to give you a more informed answer after I get it running…

1 Like

If the wizard of the castle doesn’t collect enough time credits to build the direct drive version, what about something like the Zesty Nimble?

1 Like

Honestly I hadn’t heard of that setup before. Looks promising and it’s only 10 bucks more than the Bondtech, I’d pay ten bucks to go with what I know. Never dealt with bowdens before so I might as well not start now lol.

1 Like

Don’t give up so easily. :wink:. Make sure to get entered before the deadline for the belt giveaway. There aren’t a lot of entries yet so odds are still pretty good.

@NAK3DDesigns Will do​:wink: I think this design work perfectly for my purposes. I’m participating in the University Rover Challenge (sponsored by elon musk!) at my college, so I need something that can print big, yet still small enough to be practical on mars.:sunglasses:

You should build a Printrbelt
This is out beta version

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been meaning to become a patron to follow the progress! We mentioned it last week or so on the Makers on Tap podcast

3d printers are like classic motorcycles, once you get one another is bound to follow😂 I like pintrbot so when this comes out I’ll definitely look into it. For now I’ll build the white knight just to gain some experience👍

2 Likes